Chewy Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- or 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries well drained
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in sour cream, egg, cherry juice and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and cherries. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Cool completely on wire rack.
Rated 5 out of 5 by 1 reviewer.
Rated 5 out of 5 by millie0312 Good Good recipe, easy to make and so tasty to eat them! February 2, 2013
1-1 of 1