Chewy Cherry Bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 16 Bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup rolled oats quick or old fashioned
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Cherry Preserves
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT butter and brown sugar in medium bowl until smooth and fluffy. Beat in extract. Mix in flour, baking powder and oats until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1/2-cup for topping. Pat remaining crumbs into bottom of prepared pan.
- SPOON preserves evenly over crumb crust in pan. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping.
- BAKE 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 5 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by IRDS Terrific For Any Occasion Easy to make. Flavorable and moist. Gets repeat eaters. What more can I say?? March 31, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by quilt1404 quick and easy this was an easy recipe to make. went together easily. March 25, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by vheitman Good Dessert These chewy cherry bars are really good. I like the addition of the oats. February 22, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by IzziLovesBaking FANtastic! This is one of my all-time favorite recipes. I made a batch for my 82-yr old grandfather and he said they are the best cookies he's ever eaten. :-) I always make a double batch because they go really fast at my house. And I tend to put more Cherry preserves on-- can't get enough of that sweet flavor! I also love how easy it is-- the perfect recipe to get my toddler involved in the kitchen because it's impossible for her to mess anything up. February 13, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by pojoEric Good combination of flavor and texture Not an expert baker, so it took me a while to get the hang of spreading the preserves over the first layer, but it was worth it! January 28, 2013
1-5 of 5