Aloha Oatmeal Cookies
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- or 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange or lemon extract
- 3 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple in natural juice well-drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT brown sugar, shortening, egg, orange peel, orange juice, vanilla and orange extract in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE oats, flour, baking soda, salt and ginger in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- STIR in pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 8 reviewers.
Rated 4 out of 5 by duster Yummy! These are just wonderful, but not the easiest cookies to make. It is worth it. March 31, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by vheitman Wow These are really good. I like the addition of the pineapple and oatmeal! February 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by olemhubbard Yummy and nutrious I did'nt use the orange peel, but they were still a great tasting treat January 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gizkok Something Special Great combination of ingredients and flavors! Sure to please your favorite cookie lover. Try them and see! December 30, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by tjgsmom Worth rounding up all the ingredients! I've made these cookies before, but lost my original recepie. Others just didn't cut it. USE CRISCO! The ones with just butter are not the same. Definately worth a little extra time for all the ingredients! December 22, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anna Delicious These are delicious cookies. My husband had one and noticed the new flavored oatmeal cookie right away. This is a recipe I'm going to share with my 10 yr. old granddaughter Arianna. Thanks Crisco. May 31, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Effie39 Easy prep, delicious taste! This is the first time I tried this recipe and I was pleasantly surprised!! Good healthy ingredients, easy preparation, and very, very, good taste!! Love it and will make it over and over again!! December 20, 2011
1-8 of 8