Beef Tenderloin Medallions with Creamy Cafe Balsamic Sauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals divided
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon jarred roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cut into 8 (1/2-inch) slices
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 (8 oz.) package sliced white or baby portobello mushrooms
- CREAMY BALSAMIC COFFEE SAUCE
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cracked black pepper, if desired
- DISSOLVE 1 teaspoon coffee crystals in balsamic vinegar. Add oil, roasted garlic, salt and pepper. Rub over all sides of beef medallions.
- HEAT butter shortening in large skillet over medium high heat. Sear beef 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare or to desired doneness. Transfer to plate, cover and keep warm. Saute mushrooms in skillet until lightly browned.
- WHISK remaining 1/4 teaspoon coffee crystals and broth in a small bowl until dissolved. Add heavy cream, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Pour cream mixture into skillet with mushrooms. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly, until sauce just begins to thicken. Serve steaks drizzled with sauce. Garnish with cracked black pepper, if desired.
Rated 5 out of 5 by 1 reviewer.
Rated 5 out of 5 by texasisheaven SUPERB! I prepared this for Valentine's day and what a wonderful dish! Be sure to DOUBLE the 'Creamy Balsamic Coffee Sauce' . . . because you will want to savor each drop on each bite of this beautiful cut of beef. It doesn't overpower the tenderloin . . it truly is a beautiful accoutremont. I made a small spinach salad in frico cups ( toasted parmesan-Giada recipe) garlic mashed potatoes and roasted some asparagus to go with it. I can't say enough good things about this recipe. EXCELLENT! February 22, 2012
1-1 of 1