White Chocolate-Banana Crème Brûlée Tarts
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 tarts
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 EGGLAND’S BEST egg yolks
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 bag (12 oz) Hershey’s® premier white baking chips (2 cups)
- 18 hard caramel or butterscotch candies, finely crushed (1/2 cup)
- 3 bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Heat oven to 450°F. Turn 12-cup muffin pan with regular-size cups upside down. Spray backs of muffin cups with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- Unroll 1 pie crust on work surface; roll into 12-inch round. Using 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut into 6 (4-inch) rounds. Repeat with second crust.
- Place dough rounds over backs of muffin cups, pleating dough to fit around cups. Prick dough several times with fork. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes. Carefully remove tart shells from muffin cups; place open sides up on cooling rack.
- In small bowl, beat egg yolks; set aside. In 2-quart nonstick saucepan, heat cream and baking chips over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted. Stir about 1 cup of the hot cream mixture into egg yolks until well blended. Pour egg mixture back into saucepan; reduce heat to low. Cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Place tart shells on cookie sheet. Pour cream mixture into tart shells. Sprinkle each with 1 rounded teaspoon of the candies. Bake about 5 minutes or until candy is melted. Remove tarts from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool 30 minutes. Top tarts with bananas; serve warm or cooled. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010
- Eggland's Best is a registered trademark of Eggland's Best, Inc.
- Hershey’s® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033
Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 7 reviewers.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bascatore Tasty Tarts What a clever idea to shape these into little serving bowls. Looks like you spent hours in the kitchen when it was really quite easy to make. Tasty tarts to be sure. March 19, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by BayouGrump Could use improvement We ate it all but won't be making it again. We thought it just had too much of an artificial taste to it but we aren't too into white chocolate which isn't actually chocolate at all...still we like white chocolate in small bits in some things but it was too dominant in this. February 5, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by John27 Quick snack Do not like white chocolate. Bananas helped a lot. January 29, 2013
1-4 of 4